Welcome to our Middle School Program
Hello 8th grade parents,
These are exciting times for your son or daughter. High school is just ahead!
Read the following dates and information for high school registration.
- Counselors visit 8th grade classrooms March 5th.
- Teachers make recommendations for high school courses March 9 to 17
- Family Night is when high schools hand out registration packets and provide information. This is a very important event for you and your student on a Monday, April 16th.
University, Woodbridge, Portola, Irvine and Northwood High School
- Vista Verde 8th grade registration with individual high school counselors in the media center is held Tuesday, April 24th 10:30-12:30 for University HS and Friday, April 27th 11:30-12:30 for Woodbridge HS.
- College and Career Fair - March 29th, 2018 6-9 pm at University High school See Flyer
Refer to the Middle School drop downs on our website http://www.iusd.org/vv/ for HS Registration Timeline and Preparing for High School power point tutorial.
You will be able to discuss this with your son or daughter from the counseling lessons they receive in March.
Enjoy the process!
Mrs. Jessica Hebl
Vista Verde Counselor
Contact: (949)936-6357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: IUSD Career & College Fair is held March 8 6-8pm at Portola High School. It?s a great time to explore interests as a family.
Middle school is an important transition period for the early adolescent. The skills and values acquired by the student during this time may significantly influence future education experiences. The Vista Verde Middle School, consisting of grade levels 6 through 8, accentuates academics. Together, the Middle School staff and students foster a feeling of " family" in which the staff takes time to get to know the students.
The Vista Verde Middle School program consists of the following:
- A strong academic focus
- High standards and expectations
- Equal opportunities for learning
- Regular student assessment
- A safe and orderly environment
- A coordinated curriculum
- Integrated instruction
- Respect and rapport among students and staff
- Positive, cooperative relationships among staff, school and community
- Effective school/home communication
- Instructional leadership